My artistic approach:
- The basic shape of squares is important in my work. We are living in a period of over consumption, which results in an artificial demand to always create new visual shapes.
- My work is a critical reaction against this saturation of creative production, whose differentiation aim tends to give more importance to the form rather than the content itself.
- I prefer researching my square shapes and developing them rather than trying to impose myself via new forms.
- My work is based on sensibility, emotions and not on standards of beauty, not on the obvious beauty (the one too close to perfection).


- Repetition is also important in my work as it allows my mark making gestures to become subconscious, a simple automatism. The work thus produced is very free and light, and its own soul is then allowed to emerge.
- By using repetition, I try to extract some emotions out of our everyday reality because even though if my repetitive gestures are not always visible in each of my creations, they relate to all our daily moves and this way, my work is being created from all those little things that make our life.


Mon approche artistique:
- J’accorde de l’importance aux carrés, à leurs formes basiques. La surenchère qui nous incite à toujours rechercher des formes nouvelles est due à notre époque de surconsommation.
- J’agis aussi par critique envers la saturation de la production qui en cherchant à se différencier va jusqu'à rendre la forme plus importante que le fond.
- Je préfère exploiter les carrés et les faire évoluer plutôt que de chercher à (m’) imposer (par) des formes nouvelles.
- J’ai axé mon travail sur la sensibilité, l’émotion et non sur les canons de beauté, la beauté évidente (pur, celle se rapprochant de la perfection).

- La répétition a elle aussi son importance dans mon travail, car elle finit par libérer mon geste jusqu’a devenir non réfléchi, simplement automatique, elle amène à quelque chose de naturel, de léger, j’ai l’impression alors que l’âme de la création en cours s’en dégage.

- Je chercher à dégager des sentiments de vie de réalité du quotidien, car même si mes gestes répétitifs ne sont pas forcement visible sur chacune de mes créations, ils correspondent à tous nos gestes quotidiens, et l’œuvre se construit ainsi par tous ces petits riens qui font notre vie.










Archives du blog